Head West, Turn Right

The Joint Blog of the Conservative Northwest Blogging Alliance: Red State Points of View from a Blue State Point on the Compass.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

'World's greatest spamfest'

Check out the latest from the IndyMedia crowd. There's a new devision open in Bellingham and I know they've started holding "workshops" from what some of my liberal friends have told me.

Joel from Western Unraveled came across a new protest they are sponsoring next week... Crazy stuff; makes me laugh!

The event is a completely online protest, by email. The goal is to encourage people to email hundreds of media news desks and politicians requesting Bush's removal and investigation.

It seems almost laughable to me. I hate to break it to you, but swamping the media with email is probably not the protest wave of the future. In fact, I would venture the guess that thousands of emails in one day about removing Bush from office will probably not help the cause even with those who oppose Bush. Rather, it will make the recipients mad. I know at least for myself, getting hundreds of emails in one day with the same old info I've heard hundreds of times could get really frustrating...

...I guess, I think the event is silly, but I'm interested to see if and how the media responds to the massive influx of spam...

...the event seems to be run by the "Independent Media Center" who apparently just opened a branch here in Bellingham. After searching online I found a copy of the flier ... but with a different title here.

Oh, and I just found the one for Bellingham here.

1 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger B.B. said...

Cue Monty Pyhton sketch:

Spam spam spam spam

SPAMMMMM.... WONDERFUL SPAM!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home