Head West, Turn Right

The Joint Blog of the Conservative Northwest Blogging Alliance: Red State Points of View from a Blue State Point on the Compass.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Voting Is No Fun Anymore

Well, I voted in the primary. The ballot came in the mail and went out the next day. I hate this new system. There was a sense of ceremony in going to the polls and casting my vote. I enjoyed standing there with my neighbors, feeling so American. Now we vote by mail. Period. It sucks! And besides, I want my "I Voted" sticker!

I'm still so surprised that we don't have to prove we're eligible to vote legally, especially after the embarassment of our last election. I thought about registering my dog Riley. He's almost 18 in dog years, but I think he leans a little to the left, so I didn't do it.

2 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger B.B. said...

Welcome to our Hell. Love, Oregon.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger madmom said...

Hi Patty Jo,
My husband would agree with you, he loves the ceremony of going to the polls. Me, I prefer mail in ballots. I don't have to try and figure out how I am going to get there and actually vote with 2 screaming kids on either side of me, and with mail in ballots I can, in the privacy of my own home, at my lesiure, look over the info, look over the ballot, think avbout what I ma doing and then vote. The down side is, if I do it early, sometimes issues come up at the last minute that I might have dealt with differently had I known. It doesn't happen very often. All in all I prefer the mail in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home