Head West, Turn Right

The Joint Blog of the Conservative Northwest Blogging Alliance: Red State Points of View from a Blue State Point on the Compass.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Cafe Press, et al.

While recently browsing the Internet for GOP paraphanalia, I came across an interesting little domain named Cafe Press. These people sell very provocative political messages. I still can't make up my mind whether what they do is work both sides of the spectrum, or whether they are a committed Right Wing business venture. Additionally, in my moral estimation, their messages are bankrupt and are simply going to TICK people off. Nonetheless, I did find quite a few of their products amusing and wanted to share them with you.

THE SLAM


This G.W. image and logo represent the counter-culture stampede. I'm inclined to agree with the statement, but this is not how we get "hippies" to embrace conservatism!

THE DUNK


I actually agree with this one, but still value peace as a virtuous dream. As such, it may never be attained, and we must face this reality. Military might is what will deliver this nation, and the world from evil, and the sooner we acknowledge that, the better off we'll be!!!


THE REVERSE SLAM DUNK


You know, I've met a lot of people that would tend to agree with the sentiment expressed in this design. In fact, I even have one friend serving in the IDF who has been wounded twice. Once by a suicide bomber detonating within 100 yards of him, and the second time by a shrapnel grenade. However, what is true of some Muslims is not true of all Muslims. But the verdict is still out on this one, something speaks to a certain truth, and I think the following cartoon from CoxandForkum.com should clear it up.

THE NOT-OK CORAL


Am I becoming moderate in my old age, or is the rest of the world becoming more extreme? Tell me what you think, I really could use some guidance.

3 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Hey Pat...

That cartoon needs to be shrunk, linked to, or deleted. ...too wide....

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Patty-Jo said...

I don't know it it's an old age thing, but I find a lot of the extreme political stuff offensive too. I just think people should be able to disagree without becoming rude.

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boycott Cafe Press - read this:

http://gullyborg.typepad.com/weblog_archive/2005/04/its_like.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home