Head West, Turn Right

The Joint Blog of the Conservative Northwest Blogging Alliance: Red State Points of View from a Blue State Point on the Compass.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

RuPaul, RuPiercy?

Now that Eugene has a new mayor, the issue of transgender civil rights looks like it is going to hit a city council meeting soon.

Mayor Kitty Piercy was quoted as saying, “I, like the members of the Human Rights Commission, am interested in ensuring that all our citizens are treated equitably and justly. I am, therefore, open to a discussion about adding gender identity to the list of protected classes.”

I’m… speechless. Just read the article.

Okay, maybe just one comment. Human Rights Commission? What about the rights of the other, larger, part of the population who isn’t transgendered? What about the rights of women who don’t want to have to worry about a man walking into their restroom? Must we always cater to the minority so they feel validated?

You would think that if a man is secure enough to walk around town in a cocktail dress, that he’d be just fine hiking that thing up and using a urinal. Until you don’t have the plumbing to manage the task, stand up!

2 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger Patty-Jo said...

Sheesh! If I ever ran into a man in the women's restroom, I'd probably attack him with my purse! I don't care if he's prettier than me, or how well he applies his make-up, if he has boy plumbing he better use the boy's restroom. Just yuck!

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger MissPatriot said...

Once I accidentally used the men's room at K-Mart. ROFL Well, it was the monthly deal and I was out of it and really exhausted. When I searched for the feminine hygene product trash can in the stall there wasn't one there. So, I walked out of the stall and noticed a line of urinals along the wall!

I wonder what would have happened had there been a man standing at the urinal. I wonder if he would have hit me with.....well, hopefully not his purse or anything else. LOL

After the shock wore off I laughed till I cried. I think my face almost popped because it was so red. My mom was embarassed for me.

Thank the Lord there wasn't anyone else in there. I'm always very careful about checking which bathroom I'm going in now. Oy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home